No products in the cart.You must have an order with a minimum of $250.00 to place your order, your current order total is $0.00.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
TruffleHunter Black Truffle Slices Carpaccio (1.74 Oz) Preserved in Extra Virgin Olive Oil Black Summer European Sliced Truffles (Tuber Aestivum) Gourmet Food Garnish Seasoning
- HIGHEST QUALITY EUROPEAN BLACK TRUFFLES: Fresh black truffles are selected from the peak of the season, when they are at their most flavorful. Truffles are then soaked in a salt brine to enhance their natural flavour & expertly preserved in extra virgin olive oil.
- BURSTING WITH FLAVOR: Preserved black summer truffles are firm to the bite, followed by a rich & earthy Black Truffle flavor.
- LUXURY GARNISH: Use straight from the jar as a luxury garnish for almost anything to upgrade any dish; we recommend trying on scrambled eggs, pasta or salads.
- LONG LIFE: Our preservation process extends the life of the truffle by up to 18 months, allowing you to enjoy the incredible taste of black truffles at any time of year.
- SUITABLE FOR MANY DIETARY NEEDS: Vegans & Vegetarians, No Nuts/Seeds, Kosher, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, No Dairy
Made from the highest quality European Black Truffles (Tuber aestivum), expertly preserved in extra virgin olive oil.
Black Truffle Slices – Gourmet Vegetarian Tuber Aestivum Shavings Fine Dining Food
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
Black Truffles, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Olive Oil, Salt, Truffle Flavouring.
What are Black Truffle Slices?
Black Summer Truffles (Tuber aestivum) are usually only available from June to August. However, our preservation process extends the life of the truffle, allowing you to enjoy the incredible taste of truffle all year. We select the highest quality truffles and shave them into 2mm slices, which are then soaked in a salt brine to enhance the flavour, before being preserved in extra virgin olive oil.
What does it taste like? The truffle is firm to the bite, followed by a rich & earthy black truffle flavour.
How should I use it? Use straight from the jar as a luxury garnish for almost anything; we recommend trying on scrambled eggs, pasta or salads.
Shelf Life: 18 Months
Recipe Suggestion – Bacon and Truffle Mac and Cheese
Step 1: Blanch macaroni in boiling water until nearly cooked through (still has a slight crunch).
Step 2: Grill bacon until golden then cut into lardons. (strips 5mm thick and the full width of the bacon)
Step 3: For the sauce. Remove skin, and half the onion put into milk with and warm the milk slowly, do not boil. 20 minutes should do.
Step 4: For the roux. Melt TruffleHunter Black Truffle Butter in pan big enough to hold at least 1 litre of sauce. Add flour and cook out for two or three minutes.
Step 5: Finish the sauce. Remove and discard the onion from the milk. Add the milk to the roux a little at a time all the while whisking.
Step 6: Once all the milk is combined, add 180g/ 6oz of the cheese, TruffleHunter Minced Black Truffle and TruffleHunter Black Truffle Mustard and cook out for 5 minutes on a very low heat.
Step 7: Combine bacon, macaroni and cheese sauce. Place in baking dish, top with slices of TruffleHunter Black Truffle and the remaining cheese and bake until golden and crisp on top.
- Preparation: 35 minutes
- Cooking: 45 minutes
Oven 180˚c/ 356*F/Gas Mark 4
- 325g/12oz dried macaroni
- 100g/3oz smoked bacon
For the sauce:
- 1 onion
- 500ml/16 floz whole milk
- 3tsp TruffleHunter Minced Black Truffle
- 50g/2oz TruffleHunter Black Truffle Butter
- 50g/2oz plain flour
- 220g/8oz mature cheddar cheese(grated)
- 1 tsp TruffleHunter Black Truffle Mustard
- TruffleHunter Black Truffle slices
TruffleHunter started hunting truffles over 10 years ago in the Sibillini Mountains in central Italy. Today TruffleHunter manufactures a wide range of truffle products in the UK, from truffle condiments to preserved truffles, truffle cheeses and truffle butters as well as a beautiful range of truffle gift products.
At TruffleHunter we always use the best truffles sourced from the finest truffle regions across Europe to make all our products in the UK. We take pride in everything we do as we want to make sure customers are satisfied with the quality for every purchase. We are always looking to find ways to improve our recipes to enhance the flavor even more. We’re the trusted choice of some of Britain’s leading chefs and we’re proud to supply gourmet food-lovers to enjoy our products every day. Become a 5-star Chef by simply using any of our tasty products to enhance the flavor of any dish. Our quality products are also suitable for many diets including Kosher, Vegan, Vegetarians Gluten Free & Nut Free.
Truffles are hunted by specially trained dogs who can sniff out a prize truffle a foot underground.
Back in the 19th century, the French food writer Brillat-Savarin called them ‘the diamonds of cuisine’ – and the myth was born. The ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Persians all claimed that truffles had ‘enticing’ qualities. We’ll just leave it there…